Ride shotgun with Doc MacLean as the world's wildest blues tour plays sixty shows across Southern Africa...

Photo Credit: Stefan Hurter

Thursday, March 19, 2020

Nganga Blues Tour Closes: Virus Fears & Public Safety Cancel Remaining Dates

Like this place, I'm slowly being swallowed by the jungle, and I, too, am half heartedly resisting the sweet dampness of night, the thick air of the day.

For the last couple of weeks the world has also spun more rapidly here: Africa: KwaZulu Natal. My Nganga Blues Tour falling from sold out shows to a dozen people and a couple of dogs. Shows by candle and lantern because the power has been so often lost. Beautiful moments. My years as a busker providing me enough power to sing and play without microphones. The show always went on. And now: only the noises of the cane fields and the jungle around me.

Eighteen shows cancelled. This Tour shutting down now now. It's been fading for ten days, but now- like the rest of the world- the Tour is hiding, waiting, wondering. And I'm surrendering to the jungle.

My current digs, this caravan. Captain Moreland was ship wrecked on this coast a couple of hundred years ago. Now, I too, am a castaway, foraging in this place without means or expectations. Free for the first time in years.
#docmaclean #ngangabluestour #nationalsteelbluestour #africanblues #canafricabluestour

Doc MacLean

No comments:

Post a Comment